So I decided to go one the bandwagon and do the 333 project and the 5 piece french wardrobe. I first going to explain the 2 things and then make a little 1. 2. 3….
So the 5 piece french wardrobe is something where you only allow yourself to buy 5 items every 6 months (2 seasons). Im going to alter it and say 3 items every 3 months. The concept is to create a basic wardrobe where you feel a 100% comfortable in. Because you are going to buy less, you are going to be able to invest in pieces that are going to last you a long time. The 5 items are clothes, bags and shoes that aren’t basics that you need to replace (there is no limit on that) and those basics cant be more than you would normally pay for them. If it’s more than what you normally pay you need to put them in your list.
The 333 project is something where you have 33 items for 3 months. It should getting dressed in the moring make way easier and make your life with a lot less stress. This includes clothes, bags, jewellery that you arent yet wearing on a everyday basis and shoes.
If you have any more q’s about the to challenges feel free to ask me in the comments!
Its ideal to combine the 2 together so you get a nice capsule wardrobe of things you really love. Hereare my steps to make the it a little easier and smooth.
- Clear out your wardrobe and throw aways/donate the things that you aren’t wearing anymore.
- Find your 20 most worn pieces.
- Find some things that you love but want to wear more and that fit your current 20 most worn pieces.
- Think about your 33 items and try to make outfits in your head.
- Start the 333 project.
- List the things that you would like to buy.
- After the 3 months, look what you wore/didnt wear and look what items you want to keep in your 33 items and what you want to add for the next season.
- Remeber at first it can be not perfect but lurn from your own experience and you will see, you will slowly get your ideal wardrobe.
I’m going to write a follow up blogpost on why i do this and how i went.